Thursday, March 09, 2006

July 10th, 1986 Bruno's son and Luigi's daughter

Here is what I have written in my journal for the 10th of July. "Stayed at camp today. I tried to get a tan for a while. A group of us climbed out the window and were laying on the roof. It was so hot. We had a seminar about "Youth and Peace" and then a very stupid video on women's rights. There was a presentation about Maria Dolens. I went for a walk with Particia and Annie (both from France) and Judith from Switzerland. For dinner we went to the pizza place "Ponte Vecchio" again. I went back to the camp and everyone was doing their own thing. There were a lot of people in the hall outside my room. I borrowed Francesco's guitar and sat on the stage with Alain and we sang a bit. I tried the few songs I knew and he sang some Communards tunes to me. Earlier today we found out that Bruno Grandi's son was getting married to Mr. Luigi's daughter."

Maria Dolens is the name of the bell in Rovereto that we would go visit. I will write more about it when the time comes to talk about that day's events.

Bruno Grandi was the man responsible for our camp. He is a Lion's club member. Mr. Luigi is from Bagnone and also was at camp often. I loved that guy. Mr. Luigi, not Bruno. I will write more about both those men later.

Since I don't have a picture to post of that day, I am adding a group picture from the flag raising ceremony. Lots of faces to find there. I have been slowly finding more people and I hope that you are all re-living the fun we had then. Can you write and tell me what you did on this day? I think they gave us a bit of a rest since the disco had us out late. Plus we had the seminar and films to see. They were preparing us for big finale around the bell later. Let me know what you were doing on July 10th, 1986. Did anyone else write a journal? Sandra, I know you did. What were you up to that night? Let me know. Ciao.

No comments: