Wednesday, April 05, 2006

July 12th, 1986


This was one of those days that we did not have things planned for us. Here is my journal entry for that day. " I walked very far into the mountains today with Annie (France) and Alain (France). We got a little lost and so followed a tacktor that was pulling lumber back down the mountain. We ended up in a different town. The houses and paths we took all had very strong smells. I don't know how to describe them--like being in the country. We found a source to drink, it was like a fountain made from a pipe. Tommy and Tommy were gone most of the day. We thought they went to Venice but instead they found their way to La Spezia. The rest of the day we spent rehersing for the talent show we would have. Richard (Turkey), Alain (France) and Antonio (Itlay) were going to do something together. Some kind of a skit. Later went to Ponte Vecchio Restaurant again to drink and eat pizza."


I am not sure that the others did that day. They probably went to the river to swim and hang out. Rolf from the Netherlands sent me some pictures of the river. I will post them here. I only went there once but it looks like it was THE popular spot to go. Rolf, thanks for the pictures of the river, waterfall and group shot at Ponte Vecchio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I think that's me getting out of the water! Nothing like turning up a near-naked pic of yourself on the web!!

Anonymous said...

PS And I hope that (unidentified??) male in the photo isn't laughing at my undercarriage...!!