Thursday, April 27, 2006

July 13, 1986 -- The Show!



Here is my journal entry from that day: "Sunday the 13th of July 1986. Today was very hot. We tried to get a tan. Later we played frisbee football. I met my host family today. They seemed very nice, a husband and wife. They are supposed to have a daughter around my age. They are going to take 2 people and decided on Sandra (Canada) and me. I wonder how they decided? Tonight we had a sort of talent show. It was very funny. Francesco, our camp leader,along with a group of Italians, did a song they created called Campo Italia Blues. Alain (France), Richard (Resat, actually. From Turkey) and Antonio (Italy) did a very funny skit about greetings in different languages. One they pretended to be dogs greeting each other, then one was a man with no arms who needed to piss. He had to ask someone for help. It was very funny. Then Peter (Austria), Leslie (USA), Stephen (Ireland) and Marius (Norway) dressed like women and did a striptease for us. It was fantastic." Here are a few photos that I have from that show.

I can't remember what else was done. I think Beth (USA) read a poem she wrote or sang, does anyone remember anything else that was performed? Help! It is terrible that one's memory starts to fade.

The show was such a blast. It was great fun. I know that the people who participated practiced a lot and it was worth it. The boys who did the striptease... what can I say...they were fantastic! Anyone make a career of it? In Las Vegas, maybe? Let me know. Actually, I know where all of the four are, except for Stephen but I have his address and will keep you posted. No professional strippers among them so far. I can't speak for their private life, however. :-)

I don't know how the families were picked. I never met mine until the day they came to camp and told me that I would be staying with them. I know that the non-European kids stayed two weeks after the camp and the Europeans stayed only one more. Francesco and Elena, the two Italian counselors of the camp, took several kids home with them. They are very kind.

No comments: