Thursday, October 19, 2006

july 26th 1986


Sandy and I walked down the steep hill into town to mail some letters. We stopped at cafe Moro again (the place I was able to use the telephone yesterday). Some of the people in the cafe started to talk to us, just curious as to where we were from. When I said I from the USA their eyes lit up (the prices probably went up too). Sandy and I ordered Cokes and sat outside. One of the guys from the pub sat down with us and started talking. His name was Ornato or Armando. Cute! What eyes!!! Anyway, I held my first full length solo Italian conversation. Yea! John DeGregorio our Italian tutor would be proud. We went home and I made some lunch for us. I made spaghetti. Tonight we would got to Darsena again. Vittoria, Enso, Amadeo and Tarchizio would be there. They wanted to take us out on a boat but it never happened. We did go to Amadeo's house that afternoon to swim. I got to ride from the restaurant to his house in his black Porsche Targa. It was like sitting on a lawn mower. So loud! We swam and they threw us in. It ws lots of fun. We all drove to a restaurant that was far into the countryside. It was a place that specialized in chicken. It was very rustic. We had fried chicken, polenta. There were little birds with their heads and everything but I did not eat one. After dinner we drove to Enzo's house. I drove with Tarchizio in his white BMW. He drove like crazy. We found out later that he is a race car driver. It was scary! At Enzo's we had ice cream and sparkling wine (spumanti). They are big flirts but lots of fun.

No comments: