Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Our Dedicated DJ -Georg Weihs

The next in our Campo Italia phone book, is Georg Weihs, from Austria. He and Alexander Trockenbacher (see the posting below) are from the same town, St. Johann in Tirol. When I made the buzzbook for everyone (many years ago), he and Alexander both responded. I have no idea where he is now. I did find someone with that name on the internet and sent that Georg an email. Let's see if I found him. Damn, I could work for CSI, but where to live, Miami, Vegas, NYC??? Anyway, back to the stroll down memory lane. Georg. For some reason, every picture I have of him, he is in profile. So I picked the best one to post here. I can remember that he was our DJ. In the bus, he had a supply of music with him and played it there. Then when we had our little dance parties at the camp, he also supplied some for that. Again, I did not hang out with him at all. There were over 60 campo members, it would have been impossible to get to know everyone well in just two weeks. Some were shy, some did not speak English all that well, whatever the reason, I only got to know some of the campers briefly. What is your favorite Georg memory? Because of him, I got to know the songs of Falco. In ths States, they did not play him much. Like Vienna Calling. I heard it for the first time on the bus. Thanks Georg.

No comments: