Friday, February 17, 2006

Caroline Van Daele -- Belgium

Caroline is the next person in the Campo phone book. She and Isabelle(who is two posts down from this one) stayed together much of the time. At the beginning she hung out with the Dutch guys, Rolf and Aernout. I liked Caroline a lot. I hoped that we would be able to keep up contact after the camp but it did not happen. She was a lot of fun but also was a graceful person with a lot of dignity. I hope to find her. I did some sleuthing and found someone with that name in Belgium and will write to her. Anyone keep in contact? Let me know. Here are a few pictures of her, she is also to be seen one below with Isabelle Dietiens. The darker picture is taken inside of the museum in Florence. She is the person furthest to the left. The other is in Castelnovo ne' Monte, a huge rock in the middle of nowhere. We stopped there and hiked it a bit. I have more pictures of it. I will post later. She is all in white and sitting on Peter's lap. Actally the rock is called La Pietra Di Bismantova. one good web site for a map and more info is http://www.alpiapuane.com/corrispondenti/pietrabismantova.htm

No comments: