Friday, February 03, 2006

July 8, 1986 Monday, Market and Silly Olympics


"It was Market day today. I went to the Bagnone market with Annie (in photos with dark hair), Patricia (with the yellow dress) and Alain (all are French). I took many photos. I didn't buy anything. We walked to the Castello di Bagnone.

This afternoon we were separated into teams and we would have a "silly olympics". I was on the team called squirrels. Danny (Israel) and I did the 3 legged race and won. Later we went to Ponte Vecchio restaurant to drink and have pizza again. "

There are other comments in the journal but I am trying to be sensitive to the fact that we are all adults now, some are married and some of the really stupid things we did then might not need be repeated. But I hope that people start leaving comments and stories and memories on this page. I think I will need to spend some time marketing the site to the campo members. I may need to send a batch of post cards off. Please spread the word and please leave some comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Margherita, thanks a lot that you are doing this! It brings old memories. I will keep with it and make some comments. Rolf Metz, Netherlands

YAMW said...

Hi Rolf! Thanks for the comment. I hope that this site makes you laugh and remember old times. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

silly olympics. I was on the team called squirrels, too. I didn´t know what squirrels are, and Leslie explained it to me. He was also in our team. I did the fast jump contest. It was really funny.
Guido Völker, Germany