Thursday, July 27, 2006

Egypt -- Tarek Hassan Abdelaziz



The second of the two Tareks from Cairo is Tarek Hassan Abdelaziz. I guess signs of age are setting in. I can't remember stories about most of the people but I can tell you only feelings I have when I see a picture or a name.
I guess that is what happens over the years, the details fade and the feeling remains. With Tarek I think of comfortable, stable, warm. He was like a teddy bear...in a good way. He was a buddy to people and pleasant to be around. I have no idea where he is now. Post to me if you have any stories about him.
ciao! Here are some pictures I cropped from larger ones. In one he is sitting against a tree in the wildlife reserve we visisted. Joao (Portugal) is seen behind him. Another he is raising the Egyptian flag, at the beginning of the camp. He is between Tine (Denmark) and Jaakko( Finland). In the photo where he is sitting holding a white paper (or envelope) he is sitting next to Isabella (Italy), she did not join us until later in the camp. I don't think she actually stayed in the camp with us.

No comments: