Tuesday, July 25, 2006

richest man in Bagnone



This is my entry for July 15, 1986 "Today we all just stayed at camp for most of the day. We walked around and then went to town for a while and sat at a cafe. I finally went to the river where everyone usually hung out. The water was so cold you totally lost your breath when you jump in. Back at camp we played ping-pong for a while. Everyone was still up in arms and talking about yesterday's disaster in Florence. Bruno wants to send people home--the ass. He said he will give us his decision at dinner tonight. Dinner: No one has to go!!! Party in town. Oh, yeah, this afternoon we went to the house of some guy, I think he was supposed to be the richest guy in Bagnone or something like that. I loved the house, lots of wood and antiques. the grounds were very nice, lots of flowers everywhere like a botanical garden."

I took two of these pictures. Alain (France) took the one of me in the red dress surrounded by flowers. The other pictures are of the interior of the house.With Karl (Sweden) standing, Beth (USA) and Stephen (Ireland) is in the chair. Then in front of the enterance to the house are from left to right, Rolf (Netherlands), Tommy (USA) holding hands with Ulf (Sweden) , Tall Tommy (USA), Karl (Sweden) and then the owner of the house.
I am sorry but I don't know his name. (He died a few years ago.)

No comments: