Monday, September 04, 2006

July 23, 1986 Royal Wedding

Here is the entry from my travel journal dated July 23, 1986. "I got up at 10 am! but I never really slept the whole night. I had too much on my mind, thinking of people and future and such. Sandy slept well. We tried to watch the royal wedding of Prince Andrew to Sarah Ferguson but the reception on the TV was too fuzzy. We did not get RAI 3 on the television at this summer home. Maria Victoria is angry about that. We will have to watch parts of it on the news this evening. Oh well, we just wanted to see her dress really. I don't know what is planned for today." that is all I wrote so other than TV I have no idea what we did. TV was something we did a lot at the beginning. Then later the father of the family where we stayed "spoke" to his daughter and told her that we should go out more in the evening and see things. I think it was hard for her. She wanted to be with her friends, who were all on holiday. She had to study over the summer and take an exam. It must have been difficult to always have these 2 other girls in the house. They were always very kind to us but on some days, Sandy and I would just leave the house and do things on our own so she had "free" time too. We were very lucky to have this family. They wanted to take care of us and did take us many places. "borrowed" this picture off Google's pictures. Thanks.

No comments: