Saturday, January 06, 2007

August 5, 1986 On my way back home.

Here is my journal entry for August 5, 1986. " I slept well. I took my time getting dressed. I wore my new white Benetton pants, new Italian black top and my gold jacket. I had tea and biscotti for breakfast. We dd not take pictures. We did that when Sandy left already. Both the Mom and Dad were home. It was really sad. I gave them the present. And I left. Maria brought me to the airport. The trip there was long. It is amazing how differently you look at things when you know it may be for the last time. We got to the airport, got checked in. Then I saw Angie, Cherly and Vicki the other American girls from my town. The lines were very slow. It ends up that he other 3 can't board because the plane is overbooked. I was to fly alone. Shit. I had to run to the plane. We sat there a while and then I see Vicki board. They were able to get her a seat. But Cheryl and Angie were bumped and will fly the next day. NO!!!!! This really sucks. The flight is not too bad. My contact lenses hurt from the dry air. The food sucked. It was really bad. Now they are serving lunch and it is better than breakfast but still not good. The movie was "Back to the future" so that helped to pass the time. Vicki was sittting somewhere towards the back of the plane. i am not looking forward to New York and the customs. We have 2 and a half hours layover. i did not get to say good-bye to the boys..Maria's friends. They were fun. I guess I will read for a while. The customs were a breeze, not problem at all. Heck I could have taken anything back with me. They did not check at all. I bought a t-shirt in the airport. I wanted one of the Statue of Liberty (since they just remodeled it this year). But they were all sold out. Vicki noticed I was wearing a ring. (the one alain gave me on the last day of camp). We talked about it. I think that in a few months he will have totally forgotten about me. We boarded the TWA plane home. i drank 2 orange sodas in the airport. There is a 1 hour delay. we are in the plane. The floor is burning hot and there is ice cold air being forced into the plane. This sucks. Finally we got home. We were met by everyone. Elisa (my little sister), my mom and dad and youngest brother. We talked a mile a minute. My brother Louis has moved out to his own apartment. I got all the latest news.
When I got home I was wide awake. So I called Teresa (my best friend). She says "I'll be right over." She picked me up and went to Uncle Bill's. I had diced ham and eggs and lots of coffee. We cruised around the neighborhood and then she took me home. There was a huge storm during the night. I just layed in my bed and barely slept. My bed and my pillows don't seem to be my own. I got up and took a long bubble bath. That always helps. Tomorrow Cheryl and Angie come home. Vicki and I will be there to greet them. " The picture is our landing. One is of my dad and me. The group shot is of Vicki, her parents are behind her and some friends, then my dad and me.

No comments: