Saturday, January 06, 2007

Israel -- Danny Lichtenfeld

Here is what Danny wrote in the address book: "stupid dog giraffe elefant trip picture elevator road danny youth hospital father rice egg girl love envelope excellent tom money yamaha ape each horrible east ticket time everyone everything genius shit top postcard doll law word dick king garden nuts strawberry. " Amazing that he remembered that! It was a game we played in the bus. One person says a word and the next person says that word and adds one that starts with the last letter in the word before it. See the list above. What was more amazing is that they did this game in English, which was not their native language. Wow. Genius people. I got exactly 4 letters from him after the camp was over. He mentioned that he was going to school and then would have to to 6 years of compulsary military service. He was studying computers at the moment.
I will try his parent's address and see what happens. Does anyone have any stories? The only one I can think of is when we were leaving the boat ride from Lago di Garda and he touched a piece of coconut that was on a sort of fountain. The man screamed at him for touching it and not buying it. That was weird. But then I did not find that the customer service in Italy to be good. Most sales people were suspicious of us. I remember looking for some new trousers, the people in the stores were angry that I touched the clothes. How do I know what they look like? Everything was folded not hanging!

1 comment:

Danny said...

Hi,
I accidentally stumbled into you blog and this post :-)
You can contact me at
izda@zahav.net.il
or at +972-50-6826096.

Danny.