Sunday, January 14, 2007

Anat Kempler

Anat Kempler. She and I spent so much time together in the camp. She was such a sweet person. She really was a good embassador for Israel. She had so much info and kept telling people to take holidays in Israel. She is from Petah-Tikva. I corresponded with her for a long time after the camp was over. Then for the 10 year anniversary book she wrote to say that she is married now and working as an economist in the electrical company in Israel.
When I mailed the anniversary book to her, it was returned to me with invalid address. I wrote the one she gave me and since then I have not had any contact with her. She sent me so much information. She sent travel brochures and pictures. She tried to teach me some Hebrew words Degel means Flag. Ir means city. Kova means hat. In 1987 she too had to go to Military service which is mandatory for both men and women. I hope that we can find her. Anyone have any Anat stories?
The pictures are first from Flag Raising day, then one from a group shot with Nikki (England in the back), then the tall blonde Jaakko from Finland, then Anat and in the front is Francesco(Italy) our camp leader.The third picture is from the beach in Cinque Terre where we stopped to swim. The fourth picture is of Anat, Mr. Luigi and me. The last one is a clip from a group shot.

No comments: