Monday, August 21, 2006

The Journey Continues

After the official camp was over, we all went to home or to host families. No other campo members were near us. Sandra (Canada) and I went to stay at the summer house of the Passotti Family in Toscalano Maderno on Lake Garda. All the entries from here out will be about the next two weeks with the host family. Please send me email or post comments here about your experience right after the camp.
Here's the journal entry I have for Juy 21, 198: "We slept until 3 in the afternoon! From 930 the night before! The mom of the family told us she was so worried. She kept sneaking into our room because she thought we had died. We were both just so tired. We layed by their pool. I finally had time to read some of the books I had brought. So I started in on The Dumbwaiter by Pinter. They were taking us out to dinner so I borrowed a pair of pants from Sandy since I had not brought any long pants with me and it was cool in the evenings. We went to dinner in the next town over. The owners were friends of the family. First we sat by the lake and ate olives in little bowls. Then I had a huge pizza. Did a bit of writing when we got back and went to bed."

I think what helped us sleep so well is that the room had these fantastic shutters that blocked every tiny bit of light. The room was so dark. Sandy and I shared a room. The house was on a high hill above the town. It had an excellent view of the Lake. They had a built-in pool and so we swam there often.

No comments: