Thursday, August 03, 2006

Raija Pystenen -- Finland

Raija. I can remember her hair. She had shoulder length hair that was very curly. I remember her as being one of the only brown haired people from Scandinavia. She wrote in my phone book, "I like you because you smile a lot. Have a nice life." About 4 years after our trip, she did another Campo Italia in Bagnone but she said it was nothing like ours.
She told me "in our camp in 1986, there were a lot of different people but we were still a united group. That made Campo Italia 1986 so perfect." She is 100% right. She was working as a secretary in a large company in Finland. I have sent an email there and hope she gets it. Here are a few pictures of her. Most of them are cut from a larger group shot. Sorry about the quality of some of these pictures. They are so grainy. In the picture where she has the white tank top, what is around her neck? It looks like a big pink key? I seem to remember something that happened when we sat at the municipal building in Rovereto. Was she given the key to the city? Someone help refresh my memory!

No comments: