Saturday, December 16, 2006

August 1, 1986 Florida and steak

Here is the journal entry for August 1, 1986
" Got up early. I slept badly again. We took the bus to Salo. First we did not know where to get tickets, then we could not figure out how to make the bus stop. We observed the others and just off. It was a funny adventure. We walked a lot. Finally we found some shops to get the things we needed. I got some presents for people at home and then bought a black lace top and some black shoes. We had to climb the gate again when we got home. We layed in the sun and got really red. For lunch we ate spagheti with peppers and tomatoes. We were going to Enzo's for dinner tonight and then to a disco. We got dressed to go. I wore my hair up, my new black shirt and shoes and my pink silk skirt. Sandy wore a white skirt and her patterned turquoise shirt. Maria Victoria wore white pants with a tank top and a big jacket. We all looked great. We took pictures with Francesca, the mom. We bought some ice cream to bring to Enzo's a a present. We got lost on the way there. There were 8 people: Tarchizio, Enzo, Sergio (a different Sergio than before), Antonio with Linda, Sandy, Maria and me. We had white wine Pino something from Santa Margherita. Pasta with mushrooms that they called Panni. Then HUGE steaks that were first grilled then topped with that oil, garlic and parsley. YUM. And a salad. After dinner we went to a disco called Florida. It had 2 swimming pools and 2 dance floors inside and outside. Unfortunately it was in a farm area and the air smelled like fertilizer. I drove there with Tarchizio, Antonio and Linda. Unfortunately I think Tar has a crush on me. Ever since he found out I had a French boyfriend he has been angry towards me. Like tonight. He said "eat some pastries they are FRENCH" stressing the word. Then he asked if I liked his car.He said "you should it is FRENCH." He wants me to go with him to meet his sister tomorrow. Just me and him. Oh boy. I am not homesick but it is time to go. I feel like we have been here a long time. I could not help but compare the disco tonight to the ones we went to at camp. I know why it was not so much fun. Something was missing. Or I should say someone."

I was such a baby when it comes to wine. That was a pinot grigio Santa Margherita. One of my favorite wines. Then I had no idea about wine, since you are not allowed to drink any alcohol in the USA until you are 21 and I was only 19 then. I was naive in many ways.

No comments: