Wednesday, December 13, 2006

July 29, 1986


In this journal entry, I was just writing lots of things that were on my mind. I have edited it a lot because most of it is personal and boring for anyone but me. Here is what I wrote "Went to town to mail some letters. When I got home, Alain called from Francesco's house. He is on his way home today by train. He found out that he won some kind of award and has been accepted to college. He will find out what his award is when he gets home. It will take nearly 24 hours by train.

I cooked soup for lunch, a recipe I created myself. It was good. Mr. Pasotti called and said that he can't fix my ticket in Brescia and has to go to Milan to the airport to fix it. Great. I need to go soon because I am running out of time. I also need to go to my cousin's in Trento go get rid of all these presents for my cousins that I have been carrying around since I left the USA.

Well, I am just sitting in my room here in the house. I am nervous. I have alot on my mind. I have been thinking about the camp and relationships. This camp was a great lesson in life. Live and let live. You don't always have to agree on everything. Who said that life was basically 2 kinds of relationships? Buber. That's right. I-Thou and I -It. Which do we have? It is good to love and be loved back. I need to get going and learn some languages. It is terrible that the US does not push learning them. That is so egotistical. We are so sure that SOMEONE will know English.

Dinner was late tonight. Chicken, salad, wine, bread and butter, peaches and ice cream. After dinner, Mr. Pasotti forced Maria Victoria to take us to Luna Park. We rode the swings, played arcade games and I got a raspberry granita. We have to get up early tomorrow to go to Milan and fix my ticket.

No comments: